Thursday, June 5, 2008

Conversations with Lola - Part One: The Waterfall

Scene: I see Lola running into her bathroom with my step-stool and a lid to a storage tub.

Jessica: "Lola, come here please!"
(Lola runs into the kitchen)
"What are you doing with that lid?"

Lola: "Nothing." (this answer always means trouble.)

Jessica: "Go put the lid back in your bedroom and come help me with the potatoes."

Lola: "Okay Mommy."
(runs out of the kitchen.)

2 minutes pass by.
Lola appears in the kitchen.

Lola: "Mommy, come see what I made!"

Jessica: "Ok, what is it?"

Lola: "It's a WATERFALL!!!!!!"

(we walk to the bathroom)
(see pictures below)



Please look at these pictures carefully! I have no idea how her little 3 year old mind came up with this! The water was dripping just enough out of the faucet to make it an actual waterfall! You can see below, it was dripping from the lid, onto the counter, into each drawer and onto the floor.

Jessica: "Dean, you have to come look at this."
Dean: (looking at me like I'm insane) "What???"
Jessica: "Just come see it before I have to get onto her for it."
(Dean walks to the bathroom, sees it, tries to keep from laughing.)
Jessica: "Lola, you are very smart to have made that waterfall. But the whole bathroom is wet now and that is a mess. We can't make messes."
Lola: "Okay!"

3 comments:

Hoots Musings said...

Who needs toys with a great imagination?! Civil Engineering is in her future. Loved it, so did my co-workers.

Love,
Mom

Leslie said...

Oh this is just FUNNY!
Yep, she's a genius!

I love it (even though messes are a no-no)

neecie said...

This is tooooo funny. She cracks me up. You guys have one creative girl on your hands. This made my day.