Thursday, July 9, 2009

Deacon at 15 Months



Since I haven't done a "milestone" update lately, I figured I would do one now and then every 3 months for awhile. That way I will remember to do them the same months as Deacon's well-checks at the pediatrician.
Deacon turned 15 months on July 1st! He is very active-walking, running, and climbing most of the time. I have turned around twice to find him on top of the kitchen table. He has also started talking-his most common words are "banana" "mama" "dada" "la-la" and this week he has started saying (or shouting) "mmooooooore" when he wants more food. He can feed himself with a fork and can drink out of a straw. We have to include him in our Sonic happy hour budget now!
He is still a big boy-he wears a size 7 shoe and weighs 27 pounds! He is sleeping well through the night, and even puts himself to sleep now. We put him down when he's drowsy and he rarely cries-such a big boy!
He knows where his nose is and where his feet are, and will point to them if you ask. He loves to put on his shoes-and everyone else's. He also loves the bath. He lays back and puts himself almost completely underwater and laughs-like he's threatening to go under-it's so cute.......but I can only run him an inch of water since he's such a dare-devil now. He doesn't mind a face full of water at all!
The thing I love most about Deacon is that he is happy 99% of the time. Everyone is always commenting on how happy he is! He smiles and laughs most of the day. I am so thankful to have him!
-the lack of posting is due to my camera dying last week. We have been to a family reunion and had lots of fun on the 4th. I should get some pics that others took from those events and post them soon!


0 comments: