Wednesday, December 8, 2010

About Rowan

Rowan's turning ONE in a little over a week, and because of my HIATUS, I haven't talked about him exclusively in a while. So, here is a post just about Rowan.

He is really, really sweet. His eyes light up and dance when he smiles. He loves to play in our playroom. He is quite fond of his brother and sister. And his Dad and I, for that matter. Lately, though, he has been in a "Daddy" phase. If Dean walks into the room and doesn't pick him up, he has a giant meltdown..............did I mention he has a temper? Somehow, even though I've been busier this first year of his life than EVER before, he got really spoiled and decided he was in charge. We're working on it. It is really only an issue at bedtime, as in he doesn't prefer to sleep in his crib. But we are working on it and it is slowly getting better.

He is taking 3-4 steps at a time now, and he steps sideways. He babbles, mostly "dadadadada" and "uh-oh." He weighs about 22 pounds, he doesn't seem as tall as Deacon was. He fits into mostly 12-18 month clothes.

When I think back, I was REALLY shocked to be pregnant with Rowan. Totally unexpected and not an easy time in our lives, so adding another pregnancy, gestational diabetes, and all that stuff entails was not what we had in mind. But, I can say with 100% confidence that God has a plan for little Rowan T...........and we would be missing something without him. He's perfect and I am so thankful for him.

Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

0 comments: