Friday, November 30, 2007

Lola Can Dress Herself

The last 2 weeks Lola has started changing her clothes compulsively. She has been able to partially dress herself for a few months, but she can now do it all on her own. It was cute for awhile, but now she has at least twice the amount of laundry because she will change 6-7 times a day, if you let her. She will wake up and put on an outfit and shoes before we even know that she is awake. Usually it is an outfit from the bin in her closet of things she has outgrown. That is usually pretty funny.

We went to Allen for Thanksgiving. It wasn't really that eventful of a trip, except that we bought a new vehicle. I'll post pictures of it soon. I lost our camera at the wedding, so we use the video camera right now for pictures. We also drove through torrential downpours of snow on the way home and had to stop and stay in a motel.

I had another ultrasound on Monday and it is for sure a boy. I will have an ultrasound every 4 weeks because of my history of Gestational diabetes. Everything looks great right now. They worry about the baby's size with Gestational diabetes, but Lola was normal size at exactly 40 weeks, 1 day - 7 pounds, 10 ounces. It is normal for subsequent babies to be larger than the first, and my mom had two - 9 pounders after me, without diabetes. I say that to say that IF I have an 8 or 9 pound baby, it doesn't mean that I haven't been taking care of myself. I definately am. Things may go differently this time, because I am seeing completely different doctors, and delivering at a different hospital. They are aware of the complications that Lola had at birth, and are willing to do everything possible to ensure that nothing with my delivery will cause this baby to be stuck in NICU for a week. I work with my doctors, so I am a lot more comfortable with them than I was with my previous OB.

Here are more pictures of Lola from the wedding, courtesy of Hollie and Stephen's awesome camera and mad photography skills. Enjoy!















1 comments:

Hoots Musings said...

The photo of Lola running is a total hoot. It captures who she is.

Love,
Mom