Saturday, July 19, 2008

Respect the Afghan

Many of you are familiar with my Afghan, or as I call it my rainbow blanket. One of my dad's aunts or great aunts made it a long, long time ago. I sleep with it every night. I have also used it as a backdrop in several pictures, as you can see below.
Last night at work my awesome friend, Melissa, started teaching me how to crochet. It was a lot more difficult than I ever imagined! I am going to keep with it though. Expect some blankets, scarves, etc.... from us for Christmas! Anyways, I will forever have huge respect for my afghan.



This is just a funny picture I had to add in here. If any of you think Deacon doesn't look like Dean, then Dean has never made this face at you!!!!!

I have many more pictures of swim lessons and updates coming soon.
~Jessica~

2 comments:

Hoots Musings said...

Do you ever wash the respected afghan? It was your great aunt
Annie Tadlock who crocheted the afghan for me, and you took it over...remember when Lola was hogging blankets about a year ago? She comes by it honestly.

That photo of Lola asleep is heartwarming and Deacon's Dean face is a hoot!

Love,
Mom

Leslie said...

I can knit, but cannot crochet...
BAH!

I need someone to teach me how to crochet! Guess I better start going to see my knitting/crochet girls again soon!