Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Six Month Stats & First Veggies

Deacon's checkup was Tuesday. He weighs 20 pounds, 4 ounces, and is 27 1/2 inches long. He is 80-85th percentile for height, weight, and head circumference. He is still doing well on his developmental milestones, two of which are supported sitting and grasping.


I love this picture! It was right after one of his first bites of zucchini. (He liked it better the next 2 nights.)


We went prepared for both kids to get a flu shot, but luckily they had the "flu mist" for kids 3 and over. I had been telling Lola that she was going to have to get a shot, and she was very anxious about it. So it was SO wonderful that they had the inhaled vaccine instead. The only side effect is runny nose, which she hasn't had.
Deacon ran a little bit of fever, but he is over it now. He was really happy tonight, in fact, he JUST NOW fell asleep, and it is past 12:30am.
We are making his babyfood ourselves, and so far he has had zucchini, and tonight he started carrots. Dean actually blended most of it and put it into jars for me while I was working. He's pretty handy. :)
I am working a little extra this week, so I am pretty tired. Some days the kids just don't nap at the same time, so I have to survive on my 4-5 hours of sleep after I work. But it is good because then I get individual time with each of them.



This is Lola's choice of clothing most days now-one of her princess costumes. She also has a party for her imaginary sister, Ashley, every night. :) I think she didn't want to eat her soup in this picture, it's really not that good, I just didn't have another one on hand with her in her princess dress.

Enjoy the pictures!

0 comments: