Friday, May 30, 2008

9 Years


May 31, 1999 I graduated from high school. This morning, I got home from work and saw the picture that is on my desktop, which is of Dean, Lola and Deacon. I thought, "how lucky am I?" Those few months surrounding graduation and going to college were very confusing for me and at times painful due to things that were happening in my life. For a couple of years after that, I made really weird decisions and really didn't have a direction. To make a long story short, I am blessed today to be married to the person I have loved since high school! Not only that, but we have two great kids. Today I have what I always wanted.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11


1 comments:

Hoots Musings said...

I will take it one step beyond luck and tell you, you are a blessed child of the Savior.

You have everything you always wanted and that makes my heart sing as your mother.

We all feel adrift in our lives after high school and for several years. I can attest to that!

Such a sweet post, and I am thrilled to be your mom!

Much love to you this day!