Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Just A Little Update

Lots of new things going on, but at the same time not really. Deacon is growing and changing all the time. He is 6 weeks old today! When he is hungry lately, instead of crying, he "squaks" at me. It's funny to hear him try to talk. He acts like he wants to smile, I think he will soon. He likes to stay awake for about an hour (sometimes more) after he eats and look around. Today we did tummy time and he really liked it! He can hold his head up very well. Here are some cute little pictures of him from the last week.




As for Lola, she is starting to turn a corner. Some of you know that she has had a very hard time adjusting to Deacon being here. There were many days and nights where Dean and I were totally at a loss for what to do with her. She never went through the "terrible two's", which I believe is because she could always verbalize what she wanted. A lot of 2 year-olds have a hard time because they cannot say what they want, but she always could. She and I were having full conversations last year at this time, when she had just turned 2. Anyways, she doesn't act mean towards Deacon, but she has had some behavior and discipline problems that I won't go into right now. She started showing a lot of anger and aggression towards us. The last 6 weeks have been the hardest I have had with her since she has been born. But......................the last few nights she has started going to bed a lot better, and finally responding to our efforts, which I am so thankful for. Please keep all of us in your prayers so that hopefully this difficult time will soon be a thing of the past!
Lola only takes a bath now with her bikini, sunglasses, and water shoes on.

Here we played beauty shop and she covered my fingers in her little scrunchies.
She went out to play in the rain last week, and it had hailed earlier in the day. She was fascinated by it.
She is wearing her dad's reading glasses here. I think she looks like her grandad Sir.
Dean trying to get Deacon to look at him and make faces. (He rarely looks at us in the face, he looks at lights and windows instead.)
Deacon's first fauxhawk. Until next time I get around to posting.......................
~Jessica~
P.S. - I am going back to work this week! Only 6 hours at a time, but I will be working a few nights a week and Dean will be on kid-duty by himself. Keep him in your thoughts and prayers, and if you live around here and have some extra time, he could probably use some help from about 7:30-9:00 pm or so!

0 comments: