Friday, December 19, 2008

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

Let me preface this entry with 2 pictures of what I should be doing.
Cleaning this mess, in my kitchen.

And folding this mountain of laundry. At least it's clean.


Guess what we did this week? We filmed a short Christmas greeting that will air on KCBD sometime in the coming days.
Fortunately, there was no sticking out our tongues or pulling off our hats in the video segment.
These pictures are a different story! And I have 14 chins! Yay!

These are Dean's grandmothers. We made candy with them this week. How cool is it for my kids that they even get to know their great-grandmothers? And, their great-grandmothers are best friends!
These women love me and treat me like I am their own flesh and blood. They would do anything for me. I am so grateful to have grandmothers in my life again.
Lola helped swirl the chocolate into this batch of Tiger Butter. Then she licked the spoon right as I was taking her picture. And yes, she dresses herself. And she was wearing a tank top in the middle of December. You should have seen the rest of the outfit!
Tonight we went to Santa Land. The line to see Santa was already closed, so we walked around for a little while and then went and got hot chocolate.

Aren't my kids freaking adorable?
Here are some cookies I made for Lola's party at school. I messed with the color to make this picture look old-timey. Sugar cookies from 1957, anyone?
I forgot to take my camera to the party. It was cute like a 3-year-old preschool party should be. Except one kid got sick. So I bathed my kids as soon as we got home. I was really grossed out.
Here's Lola finishing her cookies. She used all of my Christmas sprinkles for, like, 7 cookies!

Here's my tree. It fell down last week and I had to re-fluff it and redo the ribbon and everything. I love Christmas trees. I remember sitting under ours when I was a kid and staring up at the lights while listening to Mariah Carey Christmas CD on my discman. If I had time to do that now, I'd probably take a shower instead.
Here's one of my favorite ornaments.
And another.
That's all I have to say. Sorry if any of my faithful readers found this post to be random or unorganized. If you know me, you know that I am random and unorganized, so it should come as no surprise to you. I am also in a constant state of sleep deprivation that I don't see an end to any time soon. Please pray for me to keep my cool and be a good, encouraging, cheerful mom in the midst of the chaos. (Chaos=teething, not sleeping, crawling, pulling up, making giant messes all over the house, changing clothes 18 times a day, mommy and daddy both work, etc...)
I love my family and I am so thankful for our health and how we have been blessed this year. I will try to post again before Christmas.
Good night. Or Good Morning?!!!
~Jessica~



3 comments:

Treesa said...

I love your kids, yes they are very cute, love the tree and understand all the mess and chaos.
Love you guys see you soon. treesa

The Carr's said...

Great post!!! I love your tree...I want to get a white one tree but I have no room:(
Hey don't forget about #2:)

Leslie said...

I will miss listening to "Twisted Christmas" with you this year!

Remember how we used to drive around Lakeridge in that huge Suburban looking at lights and listening to "The Restroom Door Said Gentlemen" and "Christmas at Ground Zero"!?

Kiss the babies for me and Wyatt!