Tuesday, November 11, 2008

A Day of Firsts!

Deacon has done several new things the last 2 days! First off, he has been feeding himself in his high-chair. In addition to his pureed vegetables, he eats green beans, peas, and puffs. He is getting really good at picking up small pieces and putting them in his mouth. Last night I gave him a sippy cup with water and he did okay with that too.

Then, as I was straightening up the kitchen, he was scooting around the living room floor with Lola. When I walked back in there, this is what I found:


He had pulled himself up onto the step stool!

He drools about like this all day. He is a teething machine!
One more thing: this morning he dropped his pacifier onto the floor, and I heard what sounded like a first word come out of his mouth: "Uh-uh." (Uh-oh.) Which was Lola's first word too, besides "Daaadddeeeee." I will try to catch video of him saying it next time.
I could find other things to say, but I must take my nocturnal self to bed now. Goodnight!


5 comments:

Dana said...

Very cute!

Hoots Musings said...

I stood him up in his bed a few weeks ago, and he held on, of course, I was right there making sure he did not fall. It will not be long and he will be running through the house!

Leslie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Leslie said...

So I'm a dork and accidentally deleted my comment...
BAH!

He is getting big so fast, and cuter with each new picture!

I sure miss you guys, and can't wait to see mah babies again!!!

Yep, he'll be following Lola around before you know it!

Hoots Musings said...

Allow me to be the first to wish you a Happy Birthday! 28 years ago, I was laboring with you while the wind howled and the snow fell.

Have a great day, take a nap!

Love,
Mom