Sunday, November 2, 2008

C'est L'halloween

Our Halloween festivities began last Wednesday, when Lola and I made cupcakes for her class.
On Thursday, she wore her costume to school and they had trick or treating to all of the classrooms.
Friday we spent the morning waiting for my mom and Rich to get here, and I listened to the following: "OOhhh mommy they are never going to get here! When is Nana coming??? AAArrrggghhh I wish they would hurry up....." etc, etc, etc..... Excuse me, am I parenting a 3 1/2 year old or a 14 year old?
Anyways, Friday afternoon we cleaned house and got the kids ready for trick or treating. I took Lola to Dean's work in her costume, and then we came back home and got Deacon ready.

Lola as Abby Cadabby
Deacon as Superman
Say Cheese!

I guess you could say Nana was our "subject"- I painted her face, sprayed her hair purple, and gave her a witch hat. Lola made her wear a pair of wings!
A great time was had by all trick or treating until Lola had a melt-down and we came home.
Later that night.............
We went to a party with Dean and Kyle's work friends.

Dean and I were Shaggy & Velma from Scooby Doo.
Funny Story: Dean went and bought me the actual "Velma" costume with the wig outfit, and glasses. I was so flattered that he thought I could fit into it that I didn't even get mad at him for buying something I could never wear!
We had a great time.
Joyeaux l'halloween!

3 comments:

K and S Photography said...

That's awesome you guys dressed up as Scooby Doo characters

Leslie said...

I love the pics! Your mom didn't tell me that you guys dressed her up too...THAT is funny! LOL!

The Carr's said...

I love Scooby Doo...great idea!!! Lola and Deacon look cute too!!