Thursday, January 15, 2009

Conversations With Lola Part 3: The Doctor's Office

Lola: "Put Deacon behind the desk with me, Mom. We're playing doctor's office.
Me: "Hello ma'am, I need to see the doctor."
Lola: "Are you sick, or do you have a baby, or do you need to see the animal doctor?"
Me: "I'm sick."
Lola: "You can't pretend to be sick. You have to REALLY be sick."
Me: "OK, well I am sick."
Lola: "No, you can just have a baby."
Me: "Ok, well I'm having a baby so please come check me out."
Lola: "Mom, having a baby is really hard. You get a big, big pressure."
Me: (laughing out loud) "Thanks for the warning Lola. Someone should have talked to me about that pressure about four years ago!"


The kids behind the "desk" at the "doctor's office."

3 comments:

Leslie said...

I love that last picture of the two of them! The way her lips are pursed is just FUNNY paired with those sunglasses!!

Too too cute!

Hoots Musings said...

That picture is a riot! Me and Rich rolled when we saw Lola in those glasses.

Leslie said...

I was just thinking about this....

In that last picture....
With her lips like that, she looks a lot like younger pictures of MiMi in 1940's tres chic!