Sunday, January 25, 2009

Diaries of a Bewildered Goldfish, Volume One: A Fish Out of Water!

Hi, I'm new to this "blogging" thing, so bear with me. I am in a new place, and it's still quite strange.
It all started last night............I was swimming with my fellow goldfish in our tank at the superstore-type place, when I was abruptly scooped up and placed into a clear plastic bag. I was then carried carefully by a tall man with many freckles on his arms, and then handed to a short dark-headed woman. She was holding a very large baby in her other arm. The baby started to squirm and she set me down on top of a 24 pack of Dr. Pepper. The next thing I know, a conveyer belt beneath me jerks forward and "SPLAT" goes my clear plastic bag, onto the floor. Water was everywhere, and I laid there as my life flashed before my eyes. While I lay there dying, I heard a little feminine voice cry, "My fish! Mommy, what happened to my fish???!!!!!!" Just then, that same tall man picked me up and put me back into the broken bag, and there was just enough water to submerge myself in. Thank goodness! I could breathe again! I was taken to the back of the store and thrust into another plastic bag and given more water, then brought back to the man with the freckled arms. I then endured a bumpy ride to a warm home where I have been since. I even have my own bowl to swim around in, with neon-colored rocks! And about every 10 minutes, the little girl pictured below puts her face up to my bowl and checks in on me.
It's great being this little girl's pet.

3 comments:

The Carr's said...

Nice to meet you Mr. Goldfish what is your name???

Treesa said...

what a brave family you are to adopt a goldfish! What a cute story!

Hoots Musings said...

Michael Eaton would be so proud of your writing!