Monday, April 20, 2009

Conversations With Lola, Part Four: A Haircut

To read the very first installment of Conversations with Lola, go HERE:



A Haircut

The Scene: I am asleep on Saturday about noon, after a long night at work. Enter Dean.


Dean: "Lola cut her hair and Deacon peed all over me!"
Me: "What???!!!" When did she cut her hair?"
Dean: "I'm not sure, I just found it in the bathroom."

I stumble out of bed, into my bathroom. There are many locks of dark brown curls all over the floor. (see previous post below.)

A few hours pass. Lola and I are preparing to leave the house to go get her hair PROPERLY cut.


Me: "Ok Lola, let's go get your hair cut at the beauty shop."
Dean: "Lola, when did you cut your hair?"
Lola: "When I was supposed to be sleeping."
Me: (puzzled.....) "Were you at home with Mommy or with Daddy?"
Lola: "With you, Mommy."
Me: "Yesterday during nap?????"
Lola: "Yep."
Dean: (gesturing dramatically, laughing, carrying on) YES!!! Hahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!
Me: (thinking to myself) "I'm glad my children have an unattentive vampire of a mother who feels the need to sleep during the day. I've GOTTA quit working nights...I can't believe she did this on my watch!

As you can see the haircut is actually cute. At the salon, the lady cutting it pointed out to me that there is a section ON THE TOP OF HER HEAD that is about 1/4 an inch long-pretty much like stubble. NICE. It looks like age Four is going to be as interesting as age Three was............

5 comments:

Hoots Musings said...

Remember hair grows back and hers will come in thicker.

I know a gal pretty well,who put fingernail polish in her eye once, she was three and thought it was eye shadow! She sported an eye patch for a day.

Leslie said...

I love Lola's new do!
The shorter style is really cute on her, as I'm sure she thought it would be when she went to get the scissors! LOL!


At least it's still long enough to wear all her pretty bows-to which I saw TONS today at a couple of really cute stores I was browsing in while I was over in Plano...

The Carr's said...

That's such a cute hair cut!!!!

Hoots Musings said...

Looks like Dorothy Hammill!

K and S Photography said...

I like Lola's haircut. She looks pretty.

And that was the funniest thing when Deacon peed on Dean.