Thursday, April 23, 2009

Deacon "The Shark" Myatt

Okay, so I have mentioned before that Deacon has a lot of teeth. He has had eight teeth since he was eight months old. I quit nursing him because of his teeth. He was able to start eating solid food sooner than I thought he should because of his teeth.

In my true fashion of being Mother Oblivious, (more on that later) I figured that his constant waking in the night for the last three weeks was out of habit from when he was sick around his birthday. Then, Tuesday night, I decided to put some baby toothpaste on his teeth before bed. HOLY MOLY this kid now has ELEVEN teeth! And one of them is a big old bad jaw tooth, in the back of his mouth! Lola got her teeth early, (my kids do a lot of things early, they are so advanced you know ;0>) but not any ginormous jaw teeth! By the way, what is the real name for "jaw teeth?" Are they molars? I don't know much about dental stuff. Anyways, in these pics you can see his pearly whites, at least on the bottom.

I took this picture one morning after Lola announced, "I fixed Deacon's hair with Daddy's hair stuff!!!!" Sure enough, it was all gooey and spiked. These are the things that happen when I try to have one moment to myself and drink my coffee.
And now onto me and my state of oblivion.........this is just one example, folks. This is becoming a real problem for me! Lola had a field trip today. I read the little sheet her teacher sent home about it on Tuesday. Wear tennis shoes, your school t-shirt, be on time, etc, etc, etc. We arrived at 9:20, wearing sandals, and not our school t-shirt. (To be fair, only one kid in her class was wearing theirs anyways.) As we walked in, I saw the bus through the other glass doors, and lines of little 3 and 4 year olds walking that way.........luckily, Lola's class was still in the classroom. I think they were waiting on her. I need help. Thank you for listening. Now Deacon and I will proceed to the backyard to swing. Have a glorious day, and don't forget your sunscreen. Or your tennis shoes, or your school shirt. And be on time for goodness sake!

2 comments:

Hoots Musings said...

D has some real choppers in there.
Molars are the big teeth past your bi-cuspids. LOL Go feed the Shark!

Hoots Musings said...

I really like your new background, it is easier on these old bifocaled eyeballs!