Friday, May 29, 2009

Action Figures

My kids played with action figures yesterday. "So what?" you say, "a lot of kids play with action figures."

Dean brought a box of his old action figures and it was left in the car. We had to stop by his work for a few minutes, and the kids were super-restless in the backseat. Fussing, hollerin' and making all kinds of noise! He handed each of them an action figure and they were quiet for 20 minutes in the car, until we reached our next stop.
Those of you who watched Dean, Andrea and Kyle grow up will not find this surprising because apparantly this was one of their favorite pasttimes. However, the only time I was ever entertained by an action figure was when my brother had his GI Joes suspended with a rope on our Christmas tree. And, my kids are never quiet in the car unless they are sleeping.

I have a lot of other things to blog about, but I can't find my camera at the moment. It is lost somewhere in the aftermath of the tornado that blew through our house recently.



1 comments:

Hoots Musings said...

You left out the part of your brother pulling the lights out of the sockets of the live tree and his GI Joe's repelling off all the branches and how I traumatized all of you when I took the tree down, and drug it to the alley.
I was protecting yall from the potential of a fire. LOL

Brother has a bucket of action figures somewhere, hopefully they did not get tossed.